Another wonderful creation by Lamaze this baby toy provides for great visual, sensory and auditory development. Freddie’s main body is a rainbow of 6 vibrant colours each in varying textures for baby to explore. At the base of his body he has 2 smooth rings that clank together and easy for little hands to grip. He also has 6 brown soft velour legs that each end in a knot ideal for teething and chewing to soothe sensitive gums. He also has 2 similar delicate knots in an orange satin on his head above his beautiful embroidered eyes and big smile.
He has a total of 8 wings, 4 large outer ones and 4 inner ones. On one of the outer wings is a satin covered squeaker ideal for teaching cause and effect and building auditory awareness. The next wing houses 3 smaller wings each featuring a different colour and fabric texture from smooth to bumpy and facilitates exploration and development of sensory skills. The third wing ingeniously combines a mirror and peek a boo activity! The mirror is attached to the large wing and as gazing in the mirror is known to be a favourite pastime of babies (as their preferred view is a human face) this is a great activity for baby and or an adult to participate in. This also starts the self-recognition process and emotional intelligence. Add more fun to this by playing with the smaller wing attached above it and semi hiding the mirror under it and let baby be rewarded by lifting it and seeing themselves. The fourth largest wing has a pocket in stripy knitted fabric stitched onto it and within it stores a red teether which is attached by material to the toy to ensure it is not lost.
In addition to all this, the back of the wings are in a bold geometric black and white print which is visually stimulating for babies and encourages it to focus particularly early on. The wings also contain material that make ‘crinkle crackle’ sounds when touched which is sure to stimulate auditory interest. As baby grows imagination takes over and adventures begin with Freddie the Firefly. Fortunately, he comes with a built in link for easy attachment to strollers, gyms and toy bars.
- Brightly coloured to invite baby to focus
- Rattles and jungles to awaken auditory senses
- Squeaker, ladybug teether, mirror, 2 clanking rings
- Intriguing textures welcome baby’s touch and encourage tactile exploration
- Made from all new materials, polyester fibers and cellophane
- Hand washable
- 0-24 months
|Order Value (£)||Delivery Charge (£)|
|£0.00 to £49.99||£2.99|
|£50.00 to £74.99||£1.00|
- Orders for the Scottish Highlands, the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), the Isle of Man or Ireland will all be charged at £9.95.
- We are able to deliver to European destinations and other parts of the world. Please refer our Delivery tab (at top) for more details.
- Learn more about Lamaze
- The Lamaze Infant Development System welcomes you to a comprehensive system of soft toys based on Lamaze International's philosophy of healthy parenting.
- Lamaze understand that what matters most to parents is keeping their children healthy, happy, and safe. Designed in conjunction with child development experts, Lamaze toys engage babies and provide parents with peace of mind. Lamaze make it easy for you to choose the products that are developmentally appropriate and most enjoyable for your baby with color-coded age grades featured on all packaging. Most importantly, all of their items meet or exceed industry and consumer safety regulations to ensure complete safety for your child. Lamaze toys will lead you and your child down a path of fun, healthy play and learning from birth through the early toddler years.