- Age: 6+ months
- A manipulation challenge
- Unique textures, shapes and materials for baby to explore and differentiate
- Light up ball engages the concept of cause-and-effect
By 6 months of age, babies who have explored an object with their hands alone also can recognize it by sight alone.
The Illumination Station develops baby’s thinking skills because of its visual and tactile appeal to keep baby interested in and focused on the toy. With a simple bat of the hand, baby can cause the "ferris wheel" to spin.
Place the Illumination Station in front of baby and show him how it rotates. Help him spin the polka-dot ball to see it light up and allow baby to explore on his own. Show baby how to make the spinners move using the whole hand, then just the pointer finger.
Take the rattle off the base and let baby hold in hand.
To caring parents, grandparents and gift givers worldwide, Sassy is the brand of products for children that you can trust for nurturing and developing your child because they have premium quality, innovative design and focused coloration, environmentally principled, with credible and helpful purpose and value added features.
The birth of Sassy, Inc. took place in 1982 with the purchase of the Sassy Seat Company of Fort Lauderdale, FL. Sassy initially had headquarters in Northbrook, IL and a manufacturing facility in Grand Rapids, MI.
During the 1980’s, Sassy expanded through acquisitions that enhanced the image and sales of the company as a viable force in the juvenile products industry. The product line expanded to include an infant bouncer seat, feeding and nursing items.
In 1996, Sassy launched a line of unique toys created in partnership with developmental experts. Sassy’s unique approach focused on stimulating four specific developmental areas during baby’s first year of life. This approach, along with insightful designs, bright colors, and superior quality stood out in the infant toy category and the toys became a fast favorite with parents and babies.
In 2002, Sassy was purchased by Russ Berrie and Company, Inc. Helping people celebrate and commemorate life's milestones, Russ Berrie is a leading manufacturer in the juvenile products industry headquartered in Wayne, NJ.
Sassy continues to operate independently out of Kentwood, MI and Bannockburn, IL. Sassy enjoys distribution in all major trade channels, including mass market retailers, food chains, drug stores, catalogs, and independent baby and toy stores in the United States. In addition, Sassy products can be found in 29 countries worldwide. Sassy’s extensive product categories have grown to include developmental and attachable toys, infant and toddler bath and feeding products, grooming and hygiene products, teething products and room organization products.
|Order Value (£)||Delivery Charge (£)|
|£0.00 to £49.99||£2.99|
|£50.00 to £74.99||£1.00|
- Orders for the Scottish Highlands, the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), the Isle of Man or Ireland will all be charged at £9.95.
- We are able to deliver to European destinations and other parts of the world. Please refer our Delivery tab (at top) for more details.
- Learn more about Sassy
- Sassy developmental baby products are designed to help provide a solid foundation for lifelong learning by fostering development and stimulating the brain.
- Years of research, expert consultation and testing has provided Sassy with unique insights into product features that will stimulate baby’s senses and emerging emotional, social, physical and intellectual skills.
- Sassy developmental baby products contain important features for baby’s developing senses. These include high contrast patterns, bright colors, symmetry, multiple textures, specific color language, product proportions, various sounds, age appropriate materials and innovative functional features. All have been thoughtfully designed into Sassy products to help parents in caring for and fostering baby’s development.