This handy little unit carries 3 pre-measured portions of milk powder in separate compartments. When you're ready to feed, just pour the powder into the bottle of pre-boiled and cooled water. Remove inner sections to use as a bowl or container.
- Inner part can be removed to convert into a handy snack cup
- Dishwasher safe
- Holds three (260ml/9 oz.) pre-measured doses of milk powder- ideal for travel
- Stages: 0-6 months,
- BPA free*
- Avent recommend sterilising all Philips AVENT products prior to your first use.
- All non-electric pieces of the Philips AVENT Feeding System can be sterilised with each use. ALL non-electric parts of the Philips AVENT Feeding System are dishwasher safe when secured on the top rack.
- Wash all products with a MILD soap. Do not use anti-bacterial soaps and harsh cleansers.
- Use caution when washing teats; use ONLY your fingers and warm soapy water. Avoid washcloths, sponges and bottle/teats brushes with bristles that may tear the silicone.
There has always been a debate between the advantages and disadvantages of breast feeding compared to formula feeding your baby. In fact there is no right or wrong choice between breast feeding and bottle feeding, though most experts believe breast milk offers your baby the best nutritional start in life.
However, breast feeding is not always possible for many reasons; some women may be unable to breast feed either for medical or practical reasons so the best alternative is formula milk which is specifically made to contain all the nutrients your baby needs for its development during the first 6 months.
Whether you choose to use breast milk or formula milk, bottle feeding gives parents the flexibility to allow both parents to feed baby which offers valuable bonding time for dad and a rest for mum!
Here are some of the advantages of bottle feeding:
- Anyone can feed your baby with the bottle at any time, which gives mum a break, gives dad bonding time and gives parents the opportunity to return to work if they wishes.
- Formula usually takes longer to digest than breast milk, so the time gap between feeding is longer and babies need to eat less often.
- If you bottle feed your baby, they may sleep for longer between feeds.
- In public, bottle-feeding is much more convenient.
- With bottle-feeding, you know how much milk your baby is drinking.
- With breastfeeding the mother has to take precautions regarding her diet, fluid intake, medications, clothes etc. With baby formula, those restrictions do not exist and she can resume normal life much sooner.
- Like breastfeeding, bottle feeding enables a strong bond and a sense of closeness to develop between the baby and parent.
- Formula milk has added vitamin K.
The importance of getting dad involved?
Although dad can’t breastfeed, he plays a key role in the success of breastfeeding. As well as supporting and encouraging mum through the breastfeeding experience, it is important for dad to have skin-to-skin contact with his baby. Feeling his father’s heartbeat will encourage your baby’s temperature, breathing and heart rate to settle, and give dad and baby the same closeness as mums feel during breastfeeding
Bisphenol A (BPA) is a chemical used primarily in the production of polycarbonate plastics like baby bottles because it is less likely to crack or shatter, which can lead to injuries. Recently some scientists have shared a worry that BPA could leach from the plastic into liquid held in the baby bottle, especially when bottles are heated to extreme temperatures, and the chemical may affect the body, particularly in young children. Therefore, Philips AVENT products are now produced using an alternative material which is BPA free.
Pregnancy and early parenthood is an exciting and challenging time, when it's good to know there is expert advice on hand to help take care of you and your baby. Since 1984, AVENT has been designing and manufacturing products that are inspired by nature and have been developed through extensive research and clinical trials. Now, as part of the Philips Group, the new Philips AVENT will continue to produce innovative solutions that make feeding and caring for your baby's health and safety easier.
Philips AVENT believes that breast feeding is the best method of nutrition for babies and that women should be given as much information and education as possible regarding the benefits of breast milk. Philips AVENT believes that it is every mother’s right to make her own personal decision to how she feeds her baby – bottle, breast or a combination of both - and Philips AVENT will support her in whatever choice she makes.
Delivery CostOn all orders to mainland UK addresses we are able to offer an incentivised carriage charge based on your order value with us as follows:
|Order Value (£)||Delivery Charge (£)|
|£0.00 to £49.99||£2.99|
|£50.00 to £74.99||£1.00|
- Orders for the Scottish Highlands, the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), the Isle of Man or Ireland will all be charged at £9.95.
- We are able to deliver to European destinations and other parts of the world. Please refer our Delivery tab (at top) for more details.
- Learn more about Philips Avent
- Read about Our Guide to Baby Bottles
- Read about Premature Feeding Equipment
- Read about Bottle Feeding Baby
- Read about Moving from Bottle to Cup
- Unsettled and irritable behavior, known as fussing, is by far the most commonly known crying behavior in babies. Clinical studies show that the AVENT Bottle significantly reduces fussing and colic. Fussing is reduced especially at night.
- Breast milk is the best nutrition for babies. Exclusive breastfeeding is recommended for the first 6 months of life. Breastfeeding can continue during and beyond the introduction of solid foods.
- When you are breastfeeding, good nutrition is vital for you and your baby. Continue with the varied and healthy diet you were following during pregnancy, and try not to skip meals.
- Combining breast and bottle feeding can affect your breast milk supply unless steps are taken to counteract this.
- If you decide not to breastfeed, this decision may be difficult to reverse if you change your mind.
- If you decide to use infant formula milk, it is vital that the appropriate type of formula is given and that the milk is prepared correctly. Ask your healthcare professional for advice. Milk feeding equipment should be sterilised using an appropriate method for the first 12 months.