- Simple and discreet
- non-surgical correction of inverted nipples
- Stages: 0 - 6 months, Pregnancy
- Disposable breast pad: 2 pcs
- Niplette: 2 pcs
Non-surgical – uses gentle suction
In a matter of weeks of continued wear, the nipple will stay permanently erect. Ideally use before becoming pregnant. However, you can also use in the first six months of pregnancy to achieve permanent correction. Any nipple inversion which is not congenital but has occurred recently should be immediately checked by a doctor before the Niplette is used. Use is not recommemded in the last trimester of pregnancy.
The Niplette: an instrument for the non-surgical correction of inverted nipples DD McGeorge FRCS (Plast). British Journal of Plastic Surgery, December 1993.
Breast milk is one of the most precious gifts you can give your baby. While it is possible to fully breastfeed your baby for many months, expressing has many benefits you might like to consider.
Expressing offers you much greater flexibility, being a really convenient way of ensuring your baby still receives all of the fantastic nutritional benefits of breast milk when you can’t breastfeed. You may be returning to work, your partner may decide they would like to feed your little one or you may just decide to treat yourself to a long overdue night out.
There are also other practical benefits to expressing that you may not know about. If a baby is too small (premature) or sick to take the breast directly, you can still express your colostrum or breast milk for baby.
Difficulty latching on
If your newborn is failing to latch on for some reason, expressing can help encourage your milk to 'come in' and reduce the need to give formula milk. Ask your midwife for extra help if you are having difficulty getting your baby to take the breast.
Using a pump
When your milk comes in there may be times when your breasts temporarily feel full and a little uncomfortable but baby is not ready to feed. In these instances you can use a pump to give yourself some relief. Later, once breastfeeding is established, expressing can help encourage and build up your milk supply, in addition to your baby suckling. You will then have a store of milk to use as and when you wish.
Expressing milk is really easy with practise, although it is best to wait four to six weeks after the birth to let breastfeeding become established before you start, unless a Healthcare Professional recommends otherwise.
Expressing really can give you the best of both worlds. It ensures your baby always gets the very best in nutritional feeding and at the same time allows you the freedom to choose how.
Pregnancy and early parenthood is an exciting and challenging time, when it's good to know there is expert advice on hand to help take care of you and your baby. Since 1984, AVENT has been designing and manufacturing products that are inspired by nature and have been developed through extensive research and clinical trials. Now, as part of the Philips Group, the new Philips AVENT will continue to produce innovative solutions that make feeding and caring for your baby's health and safety easier.
Philips AVENT believes that breast feeding is the best method of nutrition for babies and that women should be given as much information and education as possible regarding the benefits of breast milk. Philips AVENT believes that it is every mother’s right to make her own personal decision to how she feeds her baby – bottle, breast or a combination of both - and Philips AVENT will support her in whatever choice she makes.
|Order Value (£)||Delivery Charge (£)|
|£0.00 to £49.99||£2.99|
|£50.00 to £74.99||£1.00|
- Orders for the Scottish Highlands, the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), the Isle of Man or Ireland will all be charged at £9.95.
- We are able to deliver to European destinations and other parts of the world. Please refer our Delivery tab (at top) for more details.
- Learn more about Philips Avent
- Read about Breast Care While Breast Feeding
- Read about Breastfeeding
- Read about Top Tips for Breastfeeding
- Read about Breast Feeding
- Read about Mothers With Milk Build Up Should Know About Mastitis
- There is nothing better you can give your baby than the health-enhancing benefits of breast milk. Philips AVENT's range of breast pumps and accessories have been designed to help you do so for as long as you like, as easily as possible. The revolutionary design of our pumps has been acclaimed by mothers and health professionals worldwide.
- Breast milk is the best nutrition for babies. Exclusive breastfeeding is recommended for the first 6 months of life. Breastfeeding can continue during and beyond the introduction of solid foods.
- When you are breastfeeding, good nutrition is vital for you and your baby. Continue with the varied and healthy diet you were following during pregnancy, and try not to skip meals.
- Combining breast and bottle feeding can affect your breast milk supply unless steps are taken to counteract this.
- If you decide not to breastfeed, this decision may be difficult to reverse if you change your mind.
- If you decide to use infant formula milk, it is vital that the appropriate type of formula is given and that the milk is prepared correctly. Ask your healthcare professional for advice. Milk feeding equipment should be sterilised using an appropriate method for the first 12 months.