- Bisphenol A free. Made from polypropylene plastic.
- Please note the PP plastic used has a slightly milky appearence.
- First Choice bottles have an extra wide neck to make it even easier to make the feed and clean.
- The sealing disc and screw ring guarantee leak-proof transport.
- The First Choice teat has the special orthodontic NUK shape and an extra wide lip support to simulate breast feeding as closely as possible.
- The NUK Air System within the teat allows air to flow into the bottle though a vent. As the baby sucks, this ensures that no air is swallowed during feeding, thus helping to prevent colic.
- The NUK orthodontic shape and Air System have both been approved by the British Dental Health Foundation.
- The silicone teat on the bottle is size 2 (6-18 months), medium feed hole suitable for breast milk or formula feed.
To help with the birthing process, all babies are born with under-developed jaws. The mouth, tongue and jaw muscles are then developed by the natural sucking action used in breast-feeding, which makes the baby ‘work’ for his feed. By developing these muscles correctly, there will be sufficient space for correct development of the teeth.
It is this natural sucking action that the NUK teat mimics, so feeding from a NUK teat will encourage healthy oral development – which is why the NUK teats are approved by the British Dental Health Foundation. And because the NUK teat is based on the shape of a mother’s nipple, it will also make switching between breast and bottle easy.
This special shape is also found on all our NUK soothers. This is because all babies are actually born with a natural instinct to suck. Some even suck their fingers or thumbs in the womb. NUK soothers are therefore designed specifically to satisfy the natural needs of babies and ensure the correct healthy oral development of their teeth and jaws.
Given the choice every mother would breast feed her baby, however life isn't always that simple; so to ensure that feeding by bottle replicates breast feeding as closely as possible, NUK took a mothers breast as their model when designing the NUK orthodontic shape.
The unique NUK orthodontic shape was developed over 50 years ago after intensive research by two German orthodontists, Professor Dr. W Balters and Dr. med. dent. A Muller. Their research found that prolonged use of conventional round teats and soothers could cause oral abnormalities like open bite. They therefore decided to develop a teat that is based on the shape of a mother’s nipple during breast-feeding. By closely mimicking the sucking action of breast-feeding, NUK teats and soothers encourage the correct oral development for your baby1.
Because of our experience and expertise, NUK teats are used in many maternity and neonatal wards throughout the UK. In fact, NUK is currently used in over 200 hospitals, including Great Ormond Street, Alder Hey and Birmingham Children’s Hospital. The NUK orthodontic teat is recommended by 93% of paediatricians and 87% of midwives2 and is the only teat approved by the British Dental Health Foundation.
|Order Value (£)||Delivery Charge (£)|
|£0.00 to £49.99||£2.99|
|£50.00 to £74.99||£1.00|
- Orders for the Scottish Highlands, the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), the Isle of Man or Ireland will all be charged at £9.95.
- We are able to deliver to European destinations and other parts of the world. Please refer our Delivery tab (at top) for more details.