Softly Snail is packed full of features and fun surprises to excite, stimulate and delight curious little minds.
- Butterfly has a pull-cord vibration mechanism with baby-safe mirrors - no batteries required
- Lift the roof to discover where Curious Caterpillar rattle toy lives
- Large adjustable baby-safe mirror helps develop self awareness
- Melodic chime, rattles and crinkles for auditory and tactile stimulation
- Pull-along cord and removable wooden wheels so Softly Snail can follow little ones wherever they go
- Suitable from 6 months +
- Product dimensions: 28cm x 25cm x 15cm
At this age your baby's play is becoming much more vigorous. When she picks up a spoon now she bangs it against pots and pans, and she furiously rattles the bunch of keys she finds. She can now grab two toys at once and slam them together. But her movements are also becoming more precise; thanks to her growing dexterity, she can pick a raisin off the floor.
She is becoming aware that objects still exist even when she can no longer see or feel them. This means she'll miss a favorite stuffed animal if she can't see it, and try to search for it. It also means you can begin playing hide-and-seek games with objects. Hide her teddy bear while she's looking, and she'll find it right away — and be very proud she did.
This is the age at which most babies go mobile. From sitting, it's a short developmental step to scooting around on her stomach, to rocking back and forth on her hands and knees, and then to crawling. By the time she's 8 months old she may be pulling herself up to a standing position and climbing your stairs. The following toys can help her explore her quickly developing senses.
Moving toys: As your baby begins to crawl and move around, she'll be more interested in toys that do the same, so the Little Bird Told Me Softly Snail Activity Fun House is ideal.
Soft dolls or stuffed animals: Babies this age often develop an attachment to a favourite toy or blanket. And pediatricians encourage this connection, saying a familiar object can ease transitions later on. Still, some dolls and stuffed animals make more suitable favourites than others. Avoid ones with ribbons, plastic eyes, yarn, or anything that can be pulled off and put into your child's mouth. And don't get dolls so big they're hard for your baby to pick up and explore.
Little Bird Told Me are a small but perfectly formed team dedicated to making the world of little people and grown-ups that little bit more special. They’re a new company, but we have many years experience within the toy and nursery industry. They’re proud to have designed and developed many award-winning toys for leading toy-makers and retailers alike all over the world.
Toys To Fire The Imagination
In an industry awash with electronic toys that almost control how a child should play, we see the beauty in simple traditionally based toys that have the ability to capture a child’s imagination and encourage explorative play. That’s why all of Little Bird Told Me products have carefully considered interactive features that stimulate and encourage free-play rather than dictate it.
Built To Last
Toys today seem to last only as long as a child’s attention span before they break or wear out! Little Bird Told Me believe in toys that are built to last. That’s why their toys are made to the highest quality. Not just for a few hours, but for years of fun!
Thinking About Our Children’s Children
Little Bird Told Me don’t claim to be holier than thou, but they do care about the environment they pass on to our children. Where they can, Little Bid Told Me use materials that can be easily recycled or are biodegradable. That’s why they have a ‘low tech’ approach with their products and why they don’t have electronics or battery powered functions. Little Bird Told Me make every effort to minimise the use of plastic packaging or plastic bags, favouring biodegradable cardboard and tissue paper. So where they can make a difference, they will.
Little Bird Told Me are confident that they have created a range of toys that delight and stimulate children as well as providing exceptional quality and longevity. So in the end it’s not just the little people who will be happy, but the grown-ups too!
|Order Value (£)||Delivery Charge (£)|
|£0.00 to £49.99||£2.99|
|£50.00 to £74.99||£1.00|
- Orders for the Scottish Highlands, the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), the Isle of Man or Ireland will all be charged at £9.95.
- We are able to deliver to European destinations and other parts of the world. Please refer our Delivery tab (at top) for more details.
- Learn more about Little Bird Told Me
- Play is absolutely necessary for development and for your child's social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth. It's your child's way of learning about his body and the world, and he'll use all five senses to do it, especially in the first year.
- What does this feel like when I touch it? What does this sound like when I squeeze it? What will happen if I push this or pull that? Crawl over there? Pull myself up on this? Explorations is the heart of play, and in your child’s mind any experiment counts, even hurling their dinner off the highchair tray!
- As your child moves into the toddler years, his play will become more imaginative and complex. Through play, he'll exercise key skills and qualities, such as independence, creativity, curiosity, and problem-solving. It can also be an important place to explore feelings and values and develop social skills.