New closer to nature easy reach and relieve teethers are designed to help relieve the pain of teething. 3 Stages of teethers designed to ensure all babies teething needs are met. Triple action teethers have textured surfaces to massage baby's gums. Teething surfaces for baby to chew and bite on, and channels to apply teething gel.
- Suitable for 3 months+
- Stage 1 teether for Tender Gums & First Teeth
- 2 Different teethers are included in this triple action pack
- Massage - Textured surfaces designed to massage tender gums
- Bite - Teething surfaces for baby to bite and chew on to help promote faster cutting of teeth
- Easy Gel Application - Channels are specially designed to hold teething gel in place for easier, more targeted application
Bisphenol-A Free feeding system
Closer to Nature plastic is guaranteed to be 100% free of the chemical Bisphenol-A, the chemical found in all feeding bottles made from polycarbonate.
Various scientific institutions, as well as the British Government, are currently studying the following effects of Bisphenol A on humans:
- Early onset of puberty
- Increased instances of childhood hyperactivity
- Learning disorders and impaired mental development
- Declining sperm counts and semen quality
- Climbing rates of breast cancer
- Deformities of male and female reproductive organs
More and more scientific literature is showing that Bisphenol A, “a known endocrine disruptor” according to the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) can have a potentially dangerous affect on our children’s lives.
Teething can not only be painful for your baby but can be distressing too. It is difficult for them to understand what is happening to them and frustrating for you to watch. It will usually start when your baby reaches the age of five to seven months, with their bottom front teeth coming through first followed by the four upper teeth about a month later. The incisors will come next then the molars, the canine and eyeteeth.
Teething can cause a number of symptoms including irritability, drooling, low-grade fever and crying. The new teeth cutting through and swollen gums around the teeth, which are often tender, can cause your baby pain. Although your child may run a slight fever when teething you should contact your GP immediately if it persists or goes over one hundred degrees.
You can help relieve your baby’s discomfort by gently massaging the gums with a finger or by giving your child a teething ring/toy. Alternatively ask your pharmacist for recommended remedies. Teeth should be cleaned with a soft child’s toothbrush and you should never let your baby fall asleep with a bottle.
We know you love Tommee Tippee … that’s why they’re the number one brand when it comes to feeding and caring for your baby.
Tommee Tippee are so proud to announce that readers of Prima Baby magazine have just voted them top dogs in the 2009 Awards in the Best Bottle category with Closer to Nature AND the Best Feeding Range category with our new Explora range.
And that’s not all. They are Double Winners, having won votes for value for money as well as product excellence, so reinforcing what they knew you knew all along….that Tommee Tippee really is the brand that makes it easier for you to do what’s best for them!
Delivery CostOn all orders to mainland UK addresses we are able to offer an incentivised carriage charge based on your order value with us as follows:
|Order Value (£)||Delivery Charge (£)|
|£0.00 to £49.99||£2.99|
|£50.00 to £74.99||£1.00|
- Orders for the Scottish Highlands, the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), the Isle of Man or Ireland will all be charged at £9.95.
- We are able to deliver to European destinations and other parts of the world. Please refer our Delivery tab (at top) for more details.
- Learn more about Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature
- Read about Teething – Advantages, Disadvantages and Top Tips
- Read about Soothing
- Read about Advice About Teething: Your Baby’s First Teeth
- Some babies experience teething without any problems. But for others it can be a painful, and stressful process that leaves your baby feeling distressed. But there are things you can do to help soothe your baby’s gums at this time.
- To identify teething, so you can help your baby through this stressful period, look out for the signs of teething, which include flushed cheeks, baby putting his fists into his mouth, dribbling, biting, sore bottom and broken sleep
- Make sure you reassure your baby with lots of cuddles and let him chew on a teether as you gently rock him. Cold food, like purees from the fridge may also help soothe the pain, and chewing on hard pieces of fruit and vegetables like apples, carrots and cucumber can help too.