Designed in conjunction with breastfeeding experts, the revolutionary Closer to Nature easi-vent teat mimics the natural flex, movement and softness of a mum’s breast, to make switching between breast and bottle easier than ever before. The unique shape encourages your baby’s natural feeding action so that switching between breast and bottle becomes second nature. The bottles have been designed to be held in the most natural positions during feeding and can be held in 3 ways: cradles comfortably in the hand, gripped in the same way as a traditional wide neck bottle or held from the base, making feeding comfortable for everyone.
- Teat designed to mimic the natural flex and feel of a mum's breast
- Super-sensitive anti-colic valve
- Soft natural feel silicone teat
- Easy hold bottle with a slow flow teat
- BPA free for total reassurance
What’s in the box
- 3 x 260ml Closer to Nature Easivent BPA Free Feeding bottles
- 3 x Closer to Nature Slow Flow Easivent Teats
- 3 x Screw Rings
- 3 x Lids
- Instruction leaflet
Bisphenol-A Free feeding system
Closer to Nature plastic is guaranteed to be 100% free of the chemical Bisphenol-A, the chemical found in all feeding bottles made from polycarbonate.
Various scientific institutions, as well as the British Government, are currently studying the following effects of Bisphenol A on humans:
- Early onset of puberty
- Increased instances of childhood hyperactivity
- Learning disorders and impaired mental development
- Declining sperm counts and semen quality
- Climbing rates of breast cancer
- Deformities of male and female reproductive organs
More and more scientific literature is showing that Bisphenol A, “a known endocrine disruptor” according to the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) can have a potentially dangerous affect on our children’s lives.
There has always been a debate between the advantages and disadvantages of breast feeding compared to formula feeding your baby. In fact there is no right or wrong choice between breast feeding and bottle feeding, though most experts believe breast milk offers your baby the best nutritional start in life.
However, breast feeding is not always possible for many reasons; some women may be unable to breast feed either for medical or practical reasons so the best alternative is formula milk which is specifically made to contain all the nutrients your baby needs for its development during the first 6 months.
Whether you choose to use breast milk or formula milk, bottle feeding gives parents the flexibility to allow both parents to feed baby which offers valuable bonding time for dad and a rest for mum!
Here are some of the advantages of bottle feeding:
- Anyone can feed your baby with the bottle at any time, which gives mum a break, gives dad bonding time and gives parents the opportunity to return to work if they wishes.
- Formula usually takes longer to digest than breast milk, so the time gap between feeding is longer and babies need to eat less often.
- If you bottle feed your baby, they may sleep for longer between feeds.
- In public, bottle-feeding is much more convenient.
- With bottle-feeding, you know how much milk your baby is drinking.
- With breastfeeding the mother has to take precautions regarding her diet, fluid intake, medications, clothes etc. With baby formula, those restrictions do not exist and she can resume normal life much sooner.
- Like breastfeeding, bottle feeding enables a strong bond and a sense of closeness to develop between the baby and parent.
- Formula milk has added vitamin K.
The importance of getting dad involved?
Although dad can’t breastfeed, he plays a key role in the success of breastfeeding. As well as supporting and encouraging mum through the breastfeeding experience, it is important for dad to have skin-to-skin contact with his baby. Feeling his father’s heartbeat will encourage your baby’s temperature, breathing and heart rate to settle, and give dad and baby the same closeness as mums feel during breastfeeding.
We know you love Tommee Tippee … that’s why they’re the number one brand when it comes to feeding and caring for your baby.
Tommee Tippee are so proud to announce that readers of Prima Baby magazine have just voted them top dogs in the 2009 Awards in the Best Bottle category with Closer to Nature AND the Best Feeding Range category with our new Explora range.
And that’s not all. They are Double Winners, having won votes for value for money as well as product excellence, so reinforcing what they knew you knew all along….that Tommee Tippee really is the brand that makes it easier for you to do what’s best for them!
Delivery CostOn all orders to mainland UK addresses we are able to offer an incentivised carriage charge based on your order value with us as follows:
|Order Value (£)||Delivery Charge (£)|
|£0.00 to £49.99||£2.99|
|£50.00 to £74.99||£1.00|
- Orders for the Scottish Highlands, the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), the Isle of Man or Ireland will all be charged at £9.95.
- We are able to deliver to European destinations and other parts of the world. Please refer our Delivery tab (at top) for more details.
- Learn more about Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature
- Read about Our Guide to Baby Bottles
- Read more about Premature Feeding Equipment
- Read about Moving from Bottle to Cup
- Designed in conjunction with breastfeeding experts, the revolutionary new Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature easi-vent teat mimics the natural flex, movement and softness of a mum’s breast, to make switching between breast and bottle easier than ever before.
- The unique shape of the closer to nature easi-vent teat encourages your baby’s natural feeding action so that switching between breast and bottle becomes second nature.
- The closer to nature bottles have been designed to be held in the most natural positions during feeding and can be held in 3 ways: cradled comfortably in the hand, gripped in the same way as a traditional wide neck bottle and held from the base; making feeding comfortable for both mum and dad.
- With it’s unique easi-vent anti-colic valve which you can actually see working, the closer to nature bottle is at the heart of an entire breastfeeding support system which also includes a breast pump, sterilisers and accessories specially created to help you combine breast and bottle feeding.