It is always a good idea to remain prepared before the birth of your new born. For this reason, it is also recommended you pack your hospital bag in advance, just in case your baby arrives early!
Below is a checklist of items we feel should be essential in your hospital bag. Feel free to print off this list and keep it nearby as a reference and don’t be afraid to add anything extra which you feel may be needed, preparation is the key!
- Your birthing plan
- Hospital notes
- Change and money for car parking, snacks, telephone etc.
- Some snacks and water for during labour (yes you’re allowed snacks! (bread, soup and bananas are some good ideas)
- Nightie (x2)
- Dressing gown and slippers (keep yourself comfortable before and after!)
- Change of underwear (MINIMUM of three pairs)
- A watch/clock
- Sanitary pads
- Nursing bras
- Breast pads
- Change of clothes (for going home)
For your baby
- Nappies suitable for your new born
- Cotton wool
- Nappy sacks
- Vests (x3)
- Going home outfit
- Scratch mitts
- Baby hat
- Cot blankets (x2)
- Milk feeding bibs (x2)
- Car seat
And there you have it, mums! Make the day a lot less stressful and daunting by being one step ahead of the game!