Being pregnant is one of the most amazing, life changing and incredible experiences you’ll ever go through. That being said, it does have its downsides and morning sickness is one of them. Some women are lucky enough not to experience it, but for around 75% of pregnant women, it is unavoidable. It normally hits pregnant women during their first trimester- around six to thirteen weeks. Morning sickness doesn’t have to be something that you just grin and bear- there are plenty of things you can do to make yourself feel better. Here are some home remedies that have been tried and tested and will hopefully keep you nausea free!
2) Mint- Eating or smelling food containing this fresh ingredient can help you feel less sick.
3) Sour Foods- Strangely, sour food can help with your nausea. Try sucking on a sour sweet, sipping on some lemon tea or water or even just taking a whiff of something sour.
4) Crackers or Toast- simple starches like these are known to settle a queasy tummy.
5) Vitamin B6- a little extra Vitamin B6 is known to reduce morning sickness symptoms in some patients.
6) Exercise- you probably don’t feel like getting up and running a marathon when you’ve just thrown up, but a slow, gentle walk will do wonders for your body. Try walking twenty minutes a day- it will help release endorphins to counteract nausea.
7) Acupressure or Acupuncture- These techniques are very effective for some women in treating there morning sickness. The process involves using gentle pressure or tiny needles to hit certain nerves in the body. Try wearing stretchy bracelets that put pressure on the centre of your wrist or visit a specialist to receive these specialist treatments.
8) Change Your Eating Habits- sometimes, the best thing to do is to keep your stomach from hitting empty. Try eating small, frequent meals and eat as soon as you wake up in the morning.